Padlet is a digital pin board to which you can pin any type of media:
plain text, images, links, Excel, PDF, – you name it, you can pin it.
You can either upload the content yourself or use the extension to pin media on-line
from your browser.
Why would you need it?
- Great to use it as a “Final Destination” for media & files, that way you save
precious time because no one will then have to email you asking for
“the final version of…” “the PR ready to publish version of…”.
All relevant parties have access to the board and can download the final version of
any type of content, straight away.
From my experience, this saves hours of work when producing conferences, events,
when going to exhibitions together with sales and marketing teams, when having to
share courses and teach audiences – everyone has access to “the latest version of…”
no one sends 1000X emails asking for materials and everyone involved is up-to-
date about the production/exhibition/event.
- Great to use it as an “ideas board”, just like you would use an analog pin board.
You can share the board with colleagues who want to brainstorm an idea and can simply capture content to the shared board and later discuss, or use it as a private board to collect all those quotes and important text you once read and want to read again in the future and don’t have a place to let it rest. Padlet is a great place to hold onto information (unlike your capturing tool which should be a very temporary place for information).
Padlet Main Features:
- Easily capture all media types
- Wide range of security and sharing options
- Beautiful and simple UX/I
- Ability to Iframe a board into any site
- 3 boards on the free version
- Don’t forget to install the extension to your browser.